Saturday, May 30, 2009

How it all began.... the move that is Part 3

We finally moved into our house on election day. We got our house unpacked and started settling in. It has been a long and lonely almost 8 months. We have met some very nice people, attended Community Bible Study, and the five older kids loved Awana, but it still feels like we are visitors here. I know it takes a while to feel like you belong in a new place. Someone told me it can take up to 2 years to fully settle into a new place. That sounds like forever right now.



All of the kids have struggled with this move, well not the baby! Hubby has struggled with his new job not being as great as he thought it would be. And I have just struggled against God for his plan for us. I KNOW that we are supposed to be here. I KNOW he has a plan for us. But sometimes this feels like a punishment. And I just want to go home. But, there isn't really a home there anymore, either. I know that I am blessed to have a husband who loves me and works hard to support his family, six healthy and wonderful children, the privilege of staying home and homeschooling our children, and a place to live. So there isn't an ending to this story of our move. Just where we are now, a year after it all started. And God isn't finished with us yet. And he is faithful. Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Where ever you are in God's will is home, right. You knew that. I am certain as you continue in His will and prayer, you will find contentment and join and make a home where He wants you to be. I can't imagine making the move that you did, and I can't imagine adjusting any better than you have, but I can prayer that He will give you what you need as you follow HIS will. Afterall, we are all but strangers here...no matter where we are. Amen?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I seriously love comments, so please take the time and say hi and tell me what you are thinking!