Friday, August 7, 2009

Padme's Birthday Fun

We celebrated Padme's birthday on Friday, as hubby had that day off. We went to Colorado Springs and went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It is one of the nicest zoo's we have been to. We liked it much better than the Denver Zoo. The Denver Zoo is much bigger and sunnier, and hotter! We have been to the Denver Zoo three different times and it has always been hot and the animals are all sleeping. Not very exciting! The Cheyenne Zoo is very hilly and shady and although it was warm, it wasn't too hot and the animals were all up and busy. We had a great time. Here are a few pictures from our day.

Checking out the gorillas. Yoda was interested in them, too.

Checking out a tiger.


The kids got to pet a rare albino wallaby baby.


Goofing off with the grizzly statue.

Baby wearing his sister's new glasses.


Padme feeding a giraffe a cracker. She loved the purple tongue!


Posing by a giraffe statue.


Back at home, the party was started with a few presents. This one is from my parents. She loved it!
Yoda and Padme both love her new ball. I love the expression on her face!


A new stuffed puppy.

Her birthday cake.
She had a fun birthday and we all had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday, Padme! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday my little skating buddy
    :-}That zoo is my favorite. I used to volunteer there and got really familiar with the gorilla's. My boys still remember all their names. LOL. We just went a couple weekends ago to check out the rocky mountian wild exhibit, as it was new and we hadn't seen it yet. All I can say is wow. I love the changes. That skytram was amazing (no we didn't go to much $)It sure looks like you guys had a fabulous time. Did you go in the budgie buddy house? It was very cool. I practically have the same pic of my boys and that white wallaby baby. I am going to miss my favorite zoo and so will the boys.
    I love your pic's. I love the bear one with yoda on the arm. How cute is that pic of your kids all together. I would so frame that one. I also love the one of padme and yoda and the ball . YOu are so right that expression is priceless. It is going to make her groan one day, LOL. Us awful parents showing all those great pictures off to a new in law.

    Vanessa

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tall boys look short next to that tall bear and giraffe. Nice cake, too!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks as if you have 3 husbands by the size of all those boys!!! :)
    the zoo looks like fun... love her expressions. what a happy girl:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I seriously love comments, so please take the time and say hi and tell me what you are thinking!