Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

Wow, what a busy week we have had. It started Mon morning. The baby, Hubby and I all headed to the same day surgery center for hubby to have arthroscopic surgery on his knee. We had to be there by 6:00 am for his 7:30 surgery. His doctor didn't seem to realize the time as he strolled in at 9:00. Who else can show up 1 1/2 hours late for work and still get paid??? And paid very well, I might add. Anyways, the surgery went well and we were home by 2:00 in the afternoon.

Since Yoda is a VERY loud little guy, I paced and bounced and rocked him in the waiting room for a very long 6 hours. He seemed a bit fussy, but I was so tired I thought it was me. Well, the next morning, after another poor night of sleep, I decided that baby might have something else going on so off to the doctor we went. He had ear infections in both ears. Poor guy! At 8 months old, this is his 3rd ear infection. Not sure where it will lead. And he is one chubby little guy weighing in at 23 pounds, 8 ounces! And he still doesn't like any kind of food. Except he loves to eat paper, but I don't think that counts. No nutritional value to it.

So, I had these plans of getting all of this extra school work done with Hubby home to help with school. Always the best laid plans.... We got our normal work done Wednesday only! So, Friday I threw in the towel and we headed for Colorado Springs for the day. We went to a sale called Just Between Friends that was for kids clothes, baby clothes and accessories. Before we moved I hardly bought any clothes for the girls or the baby as we were the very blessed recipients of wonderful hand me downs from friends. Well, moving sort of ruined that. So, I was in desperate need for some clothes for the always growing baby, and Leia was in need of pants without holes in the knees, and some clothes to grow into. I was also hoping to find a big boy car seat for baby and a newer stroller. The girls clothes were pretty sparse, as were the strollers and car seats, but I did hit the jackpot for baby boy clothes. And cute ones, too! I had gotten rid of all my boys clothes after our first girl was born, so I was also a bit sad at all the clothes the other three boys had worn, and I wouldn't have for the baby. Well, I obviously couldn't get the same clothes back, but I got many similar ones and I am excited for that.

The sale was packed and the checkout lines were very long. Hubby and the kids actually went and stood in line about 20 minutes after we got there and I shopped while they stood in line. It actually worked our really well for me as it let me look all I wanted, and then when I was done, it was almost our turn to check out. They didn't enjoy standing in line for over an hour and a half, but it was a good team effort.

After the sale, we went to Chick-fil-A for the first time and we loved it. We will definitely be back for more of their wonderful chicken! Then we headed to the Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum. Very educational for people who know very little about our new state. It was a very nice museum, and free!!! The older boys especially liked it. Too bad I left our camera at home! So, we got in a field trip in and hopefully next week will be back normal. But you know how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I seriously love comments, so please take the time and say hi and tell me what you are thinking!